Sunday, March 30, 2014

These are the Days



My daughter Natalie took this photo of my little man having a cuddle with mummy (and trying to grab my i-phone). I used this cool sketch from Scrap 365's April challenge to make my page.
I created the background effect by spraying two colours of ink onto a plastic supermarket bag. I scrunched up the bag a little to spread and blend the inks then laid my white cardstock directly down on top of the bag and pressed it down using a rolling pin. The result is this patchy, water-colour effect. I added some grey stars by spraying through a mask and, ofcourse, some randon ink splats
Last week our local Spotlight  had a special on Heidi Swapp's File Folders. I bought a pack and am having a lot of fun cutting them up and using them on my pages in place of patterned paper. Both the navy polka-dot and the old script papers are cut up file folders.
I used a 2Crafty phrase for my title and I heat embossed it with bright blue embossing powder.


I added a few sequines and enamel dots to my background along with those cool Heidi Swapp transparent stars. Here is a close up of my journaling so that it is easier to read.



Have a great week and thanks for visiting my blog today :)

8 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, love your back ground and love all the layers under your photo too.. have a wonderful week!

Terhi Koskinen said...

Absolutely magnificent layout! Love it, so much of details, great colors and...oh, I love it!!!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap365 <3

Lizzy Hill said...

That background is amazing! And I just love how you've journaled on your page like that:):)...I really, really like this one:):)

Fearless said...

Stunning layout! really enjoyed it!
thank you for playing along with us at Scrap 365!
hugs xxx
SandraP

Jasmine S said...

What a wonderful photo. Love your colours and your interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining in this month at Scrap365.

Bellaidea said...

Very interesting design, colors and photo, thank you so much for joining Scrap 365 this month!

annette said...

Great background Sarah .. & delightful photo .. love your use of Hedi's file folders the colours are perfect ... super .. thanks for playing along at SCRAP 365 ...

Unknown said...

Another amazing LO this is. I always enjoy seeing what you are creating these days - thanks so much for joining Sketch 365 this month

Blog Archive